When you first start your direct sales business, one of the hardest parts is booking your first few parties. One of the best ways to reach out to friends and family for help is through a launch party and lets be honest, if you love the product enough to signup to sell it, they probably already know all about it!
Here are my top 5 tips for having a successful launch party for your direct sales business:
1. Who To Invite: The fear of no one showing up to your party is a fear everyone has. We all want our direct sales business to be successful and to have that, we start by reaching out to the people in our lives. Your FRANK list will be your go to when it comes to booking your launch party for your direct sales business. Take some time and create a list of your Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, Neighbors, and the people you know through your Kids. Once your list has been made, reach out to them 2-3 different ways. A lot of times we will rely on social media alone, but we have to remember that not everyone we know will be active there. Follow up your invite with text messages or email to make sure you are reaching all of your potential guests.
2. Timing: When planning your launch party, plan for it to be shortly after you get your direct sales starter kit. Don’t wait till you have your starter kit to setup your party. Pick your time and date as soon as you signup to be a direct sales consultant. Also, consider having multiple party options so you can reach more people. Some suggestions would be, a week day while kids are in school, a week night so people can come over after they get off work, and a day during the weekend. It is not necessary to do multiple launch parties, but this is a great way to extend your reach.
3. Presentation: When going over your direct sales business presentation, don’t forget, this is your launch party. Use your note cards, put out reminders for booking seeds, and have some fun! If questions come up and you’re not sure how to answer, don’t worry, you can just explain that you are new to the business and that you will find out the answer. Most people will be more than understanding!
4. Bookings: Your goal should be to book 6 parties within your first 45 days of being a consultant. One of those will be your launch party, but the rest should come from your FRANK list. The beginning of your direct sales business is an exciting time and people are going to want to support you. Reach out to your friends and family and ask them to do you a favor by hosting a party. Your direct sales business is built on bookings and building relationships so keep your party fun and relaxed so other will see how easy it is for them to have a party of their own.
5. Followup: Followup is the key to success in your direct sales business. Whether you are following up with potential party guests, bookings or purchases, the your business relies on your followup. If you don’t followup, you could be leaving money and party bookings on the table.