Prepping your home for holiday parties or overnight guests can be hectic. This is a quick guide to getting your home ready before guests arrive. Each task will take anywhere between five and fifteen minutes, depending on the size of your home.
Prep: Wash your Norwex Cloths, Mop pads and Entry Matts before you get started. You will be really be putting your cloths to the test as you Norwex your home over the next hour. Also, be sure to wash all bedding and towels needed for guests.
- Front Entry Way: Sweep outside entry way and steps. Wipe down your front door with a wet Norwex EnviroCloth and go back and dry any glass with the Norwex Window Cloth. Use your Norwex Cleaning Paste to remove any scuffs or hard to clean areas.
- Declutter: Carry a laundry basket through the house, picking up clutter. Once filled, put the basket in a closet so it wont be seen by guests (move on to a second if needed). Next, grab a trash bag and empty all trash cans and pickup any trash from around the house. Also, recycle any junk mail you no longer need.
- Dusting: Use your Norwex Dust Mitt to wipe down all the shelves. Use the EnviroWand to wipe down fans, vents and high areas that look dusty.
- Bathrooms: Clean guest bathrooms by wiping down all counter top surfaces and faucets and mirrors with your wet EnviroCloth then dry areas with a dry Window Cloth, hang fresh towels and wipe down floors and around the toilet with a wet EnviroCloth. For a quick clean of the toilet, use the Norwex Sanira System. If you have extra time, take a few minutes to cleanup and declutter medicine cabinets (people will look in here).
- Kitchen: This is an important area to spend a little extra time on because people tend to gather in the kitchen. Start by loading the dishwasher and wiping down countertops and cabinets. Move on to cleaning out the refrigerator, discarding leftovers or expired food. Wipe down drawers and shelves with a damp EnviroCloth. Move larger containers to the back of the refrigerator to make room for extra food or beverages. Organize any extra containers or bags people may need to take leftovers home with. Use the Norwex EnviroCloth and Cleaning paste to clean your cooktop and wipe down any stainless steal with the EnviroCloth and Norwex Window Cloth.
- Floors: Focus on high traffic areas. Vacuum any carpet and use the Norwex Superior Mop System to dry/wet mop any hard surfaces. Be sure to flip the edge of your mop to get your baseboards clean.
Now that that house is clean its time for the fluff. About 15 minutes before guests are scheduled to arrive, go back through the house and add the fluff. Organize any magazines, books, etc., straighten the coat closet to make room to hang guests’ outerwear. Straighten the pillows and throw blankets and take out any trash leftover from cleaning. This is also a good time to unload the dish washer. Decorate with special touches, such as flowers and diffuse your favorite essential oils (the Norwex Purifying blend is a warm and inviting scent).