Did you know there have been 80,000 new chemicals introduced in the last 50 years. Of all of those, only about 200 have ever been assessed for their impact on human health. So as you “clean” you may be subjecting your family to chemicals that cause cancer. Did you know 24% of human disease has been linked in part to environmental factors? We need to start making a change, not only for our children, but also for our children’s children. Did you know when the EWG found one hundred and forty-six chemicals in the most common household cleaners, they also found that the most toxic of the chemicals found are not listed on the label? This includes chemicals such as formaldehyde, benzene, chloroform and toluene. These toxic common cleaning products have been linked to neurological problems, cancer, blindness, and asthma. Many are extremely poisonous.
Do you know what’s in your cleaner? Tests found that Comet released 146 Air Contaminants, even though only 6 ingredients were actually disclosed on the product label. This was more than any other product tested. These products included seven chemicals on California’s Prop 65 List as Known to Cause Cancer and Reproductive Toxicity, as well as hormone disruptors, reproductive toxins, asthmagens, allergens, brain and nervous system toxins. If you are “cleaning” your home with Comet, you are also exposing the people you love to:
- FORMALDEHYDE – a chemical known to cause cancer under CA law; a known human carcinogen under the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC); a known human system toxin under the National Library of Medicine of the National Institutes of Health (NIH); known human respiratory toxin per the EPA; studies show as a reproductive/developmental toxin, asthmagen, and allergen
- TOLUENE – a carcinogen, reproductive/developmental toxin, neurotoxin allergen
- ACETALDEHYDE – carcinogen by Prop 65 law; known human respiratory toxin according to the EPA; known human immune system toxin per the National Library of Medicine of the NIH
- CHLOROFORM – carcinogen, reproductive/developmental toxin, neurotoxin allergen, used to render people unconscious
- BENZENE – carcinogen, reproductive/developmental toxin, neurotoxin allergen, linked to leukemia in children
- 1-CHLORO-2,3-EPOXYPROPANE – this petroleum based chemical is listed as a known human immune system toxin per the National Library of Medicine of the NIH; Proposition 65 states that there is strong evidence it is a reproductive toxin; the European Commission on Hormone Disruptors provides there is strong evidence it is a human endocrine disruptor; the EPA, the IARC, the National Toxicology Program of the NIH and the California EPA, the European Union, and Canada, all list it as a possible carcinogen. It is also designated as a known human respiratory toxin in accordance with the EPA’s regulation of Hazardous Air Pollutants
- N-ETHYL-N-NITROSO-ETHANAMINE – reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen under the National Toxicology Program of the NIH; probable human carcinogen per the EPA, and Cal Prop 65 law; toxic under the EPA’s Toxic Release Inventory; mutagenic to DNA
Did you know you can get better results by cleaning your house with just a Norwex cloth and water? A traditional cotton cloth pushes around particles, spreading dirt, grime and moisture into the surface crevices, leaving it moist and unclean. If you use a common household cleaner to help remove the germs, you will also be leaving behind a residue and the chemicals used to kill the bacteria. Norwex microfiber picks up the smallest of dirt, leaving behind NO residue, only clean surfaces. It then goes to work self cleaning by using BacLock, to inhibit bacterial odor, mold and/or mildew growth within the product.