Direct sales has become one of the fastest growing industries. With the use of social media and an increase in the amount of people you can reach, direct sales gives you the ability to have the career you’ve always dreamed of. Lets be honest, who doesn’t want a job with the flexibility to make your own hours, the ability to earn a high commission, and the opportunity to be your own boss? Here are my 5 tips on how to be successful in the direct selling industry.
- Determine Your Passion: If you are going to succeed in the direct selling world, you have to be passionate about what you are selling. Believing in what you sell is going to make or break your business. You wouldn’t recommend a movie that you didn’t really like, think of this the same way. People will see your passion and the way you feel about your products will shine through. Love it before you sell it.
- Determine Your Goals: What do you want to achieve over the next year? Discuss this goal with your up-line and have them help you figure out what it will take to get there. Next, map out the short term goals that will help you achieve your larger goal. Having these smaller wins along the way will help you realize you can achieve your bigger goal. Don’t forget, the best part about direct sales is that you decide how much you can work and what you want from your business. Make sure your goals are realistic to the amount of time you can put into your business.
- Change Your Mindset: Direct sales requires a pretty basic skill set. That doesn’t mean it’s not difficult, it absolutely can be. But if you change your mindset you will see your business grow. Keep track of your head and check yourself. Direct sales can give you the best career of your life but most of the success comes from mindset. If you aren’t sure you can do it, change your mindset and fake it till you make it. Going outside of your comfort zone can be scary but it will be worth it. The more you succeed the easier it will be to believe in yourself.
- Use And Grow Who You Know: Reach out to the people who are close to you and ask them to help you achieve your goals. These people love you and want you to succeed! Direct sales is all about networking so grow who you know. When you are out and about tell people what you do. Again, this is where picking a product you are passionate about comes in. You will want to tell everyone about this new product you have discovered.
- Share Your Opportunity: There are two ways to share your opportunity and this is how you will grow your business. One is to book more parties and the other is recruiting. Most direct selling success has less to do with sales, and more to do with growth. In order to grow your business you will need new hosts and people to join your team. This is a hard part for a lot of people because they don’t want to seem pushy or like a crazy recruiter. But again, change your mindset. You need to ask every person who orders from you if they are interested in having a party (who doesn’t want free stuff?). You also need to ask everyone who loves your products if they want to join your team. You are giving them a gift by sharing these opportunities with them. Imagine where your life would be if this gift had not been shared with you.